We’re looking for someone to fill a part-time (10-15 hours a week) position as the Dean of Awesome New Orleans for the next 12 months!
The ideal candidate is someone with excellent organization skills who can balance a wide range of tasks and manage communications with the 20+ trustees and members of the wider Awesome community in New Orleans. She or he should be comfortable with social media and traditional promotion alike and eager to learn. Excitement to learn about, support, and work with New Orleans’ social enterprise, artistic, and social justice communities is a must.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by May 5th at 5pm.
Your main responsibilities will likely include the following…
– Keep tidy records of monthly payments, donations, and expenses. (Monthly)
– Help trustees with the website and payment. (As needed)
– Promote events and interact with community on Facebook and Twitter. (Weekly)
– Post on the blog (original content, found content, or interviews). (Weekly)
– Write press releases for awards and events. (Monthly)
– Find and attend events to promote Awesome New Orleans at. (Ongoing)
– Brainstorm other ways to get more awesome applications. (Ongoing)
– Organize and attend (mandatory) 3 events monthly: a trustee deliberation meeting, an award presentation party, a community Awesome Hours meet-up. (Effectively weekly)
– Locate potential spaces and partners for events, interface (Ongoing)
– Potential for travel to Awesome Foundation Summit in New York.
– Work from wherever you’d like!
– A very competitive hourly rate (up to 15 hours a week)
– Be an ambassador for awesomeness in New Orleans!